Samstag, 21. Januar 2012

Astro Sounds:The In Sound From Way Out!

This Weeks Post is a little Tribute to 2 of my favourite Bands,Stereolab and The High Llamas.Two influencial Groups that sometimes seem to merge into one.I selected 14 Comrades in Sound from Argentina to Japan.Bands that also try to amalgamate the strange Sounds of early Electronics,the metronomic Beats of Kraut Rock and the perfect Harmonies of 60's Pop Music to a Soundtrack for a Future that never happend. Echos of Jean Jaques Perrey,Raymond Scott & Dick Hyman meet the flawless Harmonies of The Beach Boys,The Free Design,Esquivel & Burt Bacharach,all stired up with some motorik technique of 1970s Krautrock groups such as Neu! and Faust.Space Age Bachelor Pad Music indeed.I hope you enjoy this little Audio Postcard from Outer Space and remember "Everybody's Weird Except Me".





1.Le Futur Pompiste-Girls of those Days
2.DOB-La Lu La Roo
3.Spring-Pinky Poo
4.Sonicberry Favour-Freestyle Composition
5.Laetitia Sadier-By the Sea
6.Komeda-Rocket Plane (Music On The Moon)
7.Electronice-Banana Boat Beach
8.Modular-Perdidos en el Espacio
9.The Free Design-Harvey Daley Hix(Stereolab & the High Llamas Re-Edit)
10.Pram-Running Shoes
11.Hiroshi Kanazu-Why Do I Do So?
12.Tomorrow's World-Leslie Phillips In Santiago
13.Cubismo Grafico-Apres Plure
14.People like us-Swinglargo

Download:
Deleted due Copyright Complains

ENJOY!!!

1 Kommentar:

  1. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ It's such a thoughtful mix you put together, collecting up these fourteen tracks and uniting them under the banner of Astro Sounds... Being a fan of the two bands that served as the inspiration, I had an idea of what you were going for and definitely heard echoes of Stereolab and The High Llamas in each of these selections, whether it was in the way the music was composed or the way the harmonies were arranged.. It's something I definitely heard before in Komeda and Le Futur Pompiste, but I was quite surprised to hear it with Sonicberry Favour and Cubismo Grafico, because I'd never before and didn't even think to..! But that is another great thing about your mixes that I know I have mentioned before... They really open up and rearrange the way I hear music, and you point out elements in certain songs/genres that probably would have always escaped my notice if I hadn't heard them put in this context through your expert selecting :) Incredibly illuminating! And sensational listening in itself, apart from being educational. An Absolutely Perfect mix, then ♥ Thank you so much for compiling and sharing it, Percy :) Already, it's one of my favorite posts of you, for sure! Top Five material, definitely ♥

    AntwortenLöschen